Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ella, The Way Under Dog

Our home was visited Sunday morning by an uninvited guest who came in through the window, left through the front door, with several hundred dollars.

Ella our "way under" dog either watched (as she misunderstood watch dogs are supposed to do)or she let out a non committal bark that frightened the burglar away.

Now, Ella is fierce when someone comes to the front door and rings the door bell. She acts as if she is the queen of the jungle. However, climbing through a window in the dead of night does not evoke the same response.

I have a theory that if Ella's groan did not frighten the thief away, she would go into her well honed skills of autosuggestion.

Ella is a good hypnotherapist. She can enter a room and scan the people and approach one. She will then stare at that person and project a powerful, irresistible thought into the mind of the person in front of her. It does not matter if it is male or female. All are equally susceptible to her powerful hypnotic rays. And what does Ella communicate? I have found her interests run along two lines:

"You want to pet me! You really want to pet me! The compulsion is so great you cannot resist petting me." And they do, they always do. Her mental powers are enormous.

Then there is the other suggestion: "You want to get me a snack! You must get me a snack! You feel the overwhelming urge to get me a snack--not that nasty snack, the other one!"

Excuse me, I need to stop this and get Ella a snack and pet her while she eats it. Resistance is futile.

No comments: